We value passionate applicants and welcome your interest, even if there isn’t a current opening. We prefer teachers with IB training and experience and offer career development opportunities to support your skills.
Title: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Salary: Dependent upon experience and knowledge
The Accounting Assistant provides day-to-day financial support and ensures timely and accurate processing of financial transactions and information. The primary focus of this role is accounts receivable and banking with support for accounts payable. This individual prepares account reconciliations and journal entries for monthly and quarterly financial reporting and supports finance projects and initiatives.
The Accounting Assistant works with the finance team, is a conscientious and contributing team member who is able to process large volumes of transactions in a busy environment, while maintaining accuracy and being observant and investigative of details.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Accounts receivable (~40%-50%)
- Accounts payable (~10%-20%)
- Banking (~10%-20%)
- GL entries and reconciliations (~10%-20%)
Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with the accounting cycle and journal entry preparation
- Attention to detail and ability to process financial transactions accurately and in a timely manner
- Solution-focused with ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Able to identify and investigate a variety of accounting issues
- Change-oriented and capable of managing a varied and busy workload
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Experience with SAGE Accounting or similar full-cycle accounting program
Education and experience:
- at least three years’ directly related experience with full-cycle accounting and general ledger processing
- completion of post-secondary courses or certification
- experience in an educational institution is an asset
- experience with or knowledge of payroll processing is an asset
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank everyone who applies. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supporting our educators
Beyond our compensation package, you’ll benefit from our community of dedicated educators, sharing ideas and exploring new opportunities, both in our local community and across our global family of schools.
- Global health and life insurance
- Shared RRSP plan
- Tuition discount for children
- Hot lunches
- House parents’ room and board
Caring for our students
As a school with boarding residences, we also require a full team of hospitality and support staff to serve our full-time students, including kitchen and housekeeping staff, as well as live-in house parents.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assess your unique contribution to Brookes.