Grade 4-5 Program
Brookes Westshore is excited to introduce a Grade 4 and 5 program offering students in Victoria a gateway to an IB education. Our primary program will follow the BC Ministry curriculum while integrating an inquiry-based framework.
Joining Brookes Westshore in the primary years will prepare students to enter the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) from Grades 6-10 and Diploma Programme (DP) from Grades 11-12. Our personalized classes foster a balanced, healthy learning environment matched with academic rigor in a caring and inclusive class setting.
Brookes Westshore will offer the following courses across Grades 4 and 5:
- Social Studies
- Career Education
ROLE Model Program
Recreation. Outdoor. Leadership. Education.
- Vancouver Island’s first outdoor, health & wellness education school program
- Leading our students to an active and environmentally conscious ROLE Model lifestyle
- Build a deeper connection within ourselves, each other & nature
- Build confidence & leadership skills by offering our students the opportunity to learn in and about the outdoors, while also sparking interest in the environment, health and wellness
- Taught in a safe environment by professional outdoor, health and wellness instructors
Respect ourselves, each other & the environment
- Leadership, team building, connecting youth to nature, outdoor awareness, outdoor activities, physical activities, day trips
Respect the environment and community
- Leadership, species identifying, basic survival skills, leave no trace method, geography, biodiversity, day and overnight trips
Respect the environment, community & globe
- Leadership,team-building, basic survival skills, trip planning, orienteering, climate change, environmental action, certificates & multi day trips
Respect for our globe & lead our youth!
- Leadership, critical thinking, survival skills, climate solutions, sustainability, global environmental issues, the planning of multi day trips, certificates, post secondary programs relevant to ROLE Models