Opening September 2020
Brookes Westshore is committed to providing:
• A school environment which is purposely adjusted to limit the spread of COVID-19 and is safe for all students, teachers and staff.
• The continuation of learning and support for educational development of all students in an environment which is physical and emotionally safe and inspires learning.
• An environment where students, teachers and staff are supported in mental health challenges during this pandemic.
• Resources and procedures to ensure all understand and can implement the protocols and procedures developed by the BC government and have a clear understanding of their responsibilities and expectations to follow these guidelines.
• Regular and effective communication with staff, students and parents with current updates provided by the BC Public Health Officer and Worksafe BC.
As you are all aware, there are going to be necessary changes in how we operate as a school in the new school year. Over the last months we have been working hard behind the scenes to build our capacity to provide the high-level education you have come to expect from us under the new demands of the COVID-19 protocols.
This document provides you with an overview of how we will continue to educate your children while ensuring we maintain a safe and healthy environment for all our students, families and staff.
We have been working very closely with the Ministries of Education and Health to ensure we understand and meet their expectations. As the pandemic is not over, we fully expect further refinements and changes in protocols.
We remain committed to providing the best educational experience we possibly can for our students. Thank you for your patience and understanding at this challenging time. We hope you are safe and healthy.
Head of School Address
Brookes Westshore Covid-19 Updates
As our school remains closed, our learning is in session. Brookes Westshore continues to provide our community with timely updates and we look forward to welcoming all students back on campus soon.